Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 21, 2008 My first blog ever!

This is my first blog ever! Why blog? Why me? And do I really have something to say? I am a singer, a voice teacher, a recovering attorney, and a soon-to-be licensed psychotherapist (I hope!) Sounds like a lot when I write it down. Sounds like a lot in my brain, and in my schedule as well. These days, I teach voice mostly. Although, the other professions have a place in my life as well. I still research and write, for other attorneys mostly. And I will soon be taking the final exam for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist as well.

I am looking for a way to integrate my training as a psychotherapist into my work as a voice teacher. And though we voice teachers all laughingly state that all voice teachers really are therapists as well, I do believe that there is something to the psychology of singing. And psychology is a part of what goes on in the voice studio. This will be an area of exploration for this blog.

I live and work in the San Francisco Bay area and love it here. I often take my dog for walks down by the water. Alameda has a bird sanctuary and a nice trail for with lookout points for viewing. Both are just a few blocks from the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment